Thursday, November 19, 2009

Be My BFF


Want to be my best friend forever, just stop by with some pistachio macaroons from Frieda's bakery in Madeira. That is what my BFF Delphine did last week. She actually brought an assortment of macaroons: pistachio (my fav), raspberry, hazelnut, lemon and chocolate.

I love these little multi-colored cookies. I was in Paris the first time I had them. My husband and I were wandering the city one day when we happened upon Laduree. This is a magical place. They have a display case full of all different flavors of macaroons. They are just so absolutely beautiful. I love how they are crisp on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.

I have only made macaroons once. I must put this on my to do list for the winter. Actually, I think they would make a great holiday cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment