Saturday, November 14, 2009

Brown Butter Sauce Oh My

I made cheese ravioli for dinner last night using my new Kitchen Aid pasta attachment. I had spent so much time rolling out the sheets of pasta and making the ravioli, that I forgot to put together a sauce to go with it. Usually, I make a simple tomato cream sauce.

So I improvised and made a brown butter sauce. This could not have been easier. I happened to have European style butter and used that. I heated it on the stove until it turned light brown and had a nutty fragrance. I added some kosher salt and some coarsely chopped spinach for color.

I tossed the ravioli with the brown butter sauce and oh my, it was amazing and so simple.

1 comment:

  1. My mother used to make brown butter with some capers to go with ray. It's delicious!
    and your ravioli sounds delicious too!

    ReplyDelete